Wayne County Public Information Page
Telecommunications Technical Difficulties
Wayne County Job Opportunity
Notice of Deputy Sheriff Employment Opening
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office has a current opening for a Certified Deputy Sheriff position. Deputies perform law enforcement duties for the citizens of Wayne County and the State of Utah under Utah Code and Sheriff’s Office Policy.
Position descriptions include, but are not limited to:
• Scheduled shift work and weekends
• Subject to call-outs and emergencies
• Performing law enforcement duties
• Performing investigative, evidentiary, reporting, and testimony functions
• Interact with other law enforcement officers and agencies at State and Federal levels
• Work within existing State and Federal law, case law, and policies
• Submit to and pass random drug testing
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
• 21 years of age or older
• High School graduate or equivalent
• U.S. Citizen at time of employment
• Completed Sheriff’s Office employment application
• Possess valid Utah Driver License
• Successfully pass the National Police Officer Selection Test (N-POST)
• Successfully pass pre-employment drug screening
• Successfully pass background check
- Successfully pass psychological screening test
• May be required to pass pre-employment firearms qualification test
- May be required to pass Wayne County and POST pre-certification physical testing
Important information regarding the N-POST, Academy entrance requirements, and disqualifying factors are found via contents at: https://post.utah.gov/prospective-officers/
Preference may be given to applicants with current Utah Peace Officer certification. Successful applicants not currently certified as Peace Officers will be trained.
Applications are available at http://www.waynecountyutah.org/services/sheriffs-office/, or in person at Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, 18 South Main, Loa, Utah 84747. Salary will be determined by the Sheriff and County Commission based on current policies.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., June 26, 2019. Applications previously received within the last 6 months and currently on file will be considered. Applicants will be notified of applicable testing dates, times, and locations.
Wayne County is an equal opportunity employer.
Teresa Brian, Administrative Office Manager
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
18 South Main Street
PO Box 219
Loa, UT 84747