Events & Festivals
Day Camps, Torrey Apple Days, Film Festivals ...
Capitol Reef National Park has a host of interactive activities and demonstration, historical and natural. Wayne County also has lots of fun local festivals, from film extravaganzas to the quirky Torrey Apple Days. See the calendar below for more.
|May 2012||May 2014|
|April 2013||May 2013||June 2013|
A running relay with 12 runners on a team from wayne to Kane county on scenic routes.
Click Here For Offical Website Link
COME CELEBRATE WITH TORREY UTAH
BIFF stands for the The Bicknell International Film Festival. The festival's overall theme is "Better Living Through Bad Cinema." Focusing on the worst of "B" films, each year the BIFF committee selects three movies that reflect the worst of a particular theme.
The festival began in 1995 and continues today. Highlights include a fun theme, a 55 mile per hour parade, a local lunch, two great parties, and three of the worst B movies ever shown.
B Movie Basics
A B movie is a low-budget commercial motion picture. During the Golden Age of Hollywood, the term identified films intended for distribution as the less-publicized, bottom half of a double-feature. Although production of these movies ceased by the 1950s, the term B movie continued to be used to describe low-budget films. In the early years, many of the B movies were Westerns. By the 1950s, a majority were science-fiction and horror films. From Bela Lugosi to Jack Nicholson, many popular actors have appeared in these films.
B movies have gained cult status because of their awful dialog, cheap plots, or overall campy style. BIFF celebrates all three!
The Bicknell International Film Festival is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization.
Your donations to BIFF are tax deductible.
Dutch Oven Dinner
Quilt Raffles by Charlotte Williams & Lisa Allen
Henrie Octagon Barrel Lever Action .22 Rifle Raffle
Show up for dinner and buy tickets to win!
1-Ticket for $1.00 or 6-Tickets for $5.00
(Any Donations Greatly Appreciated)
PO Box 101
Teasdale Utah 84773
5k and 10K race through beautiful Torrey Cash Prizes
1. CHAIRS – We have open festival seating. For better viewing for everyone, please bring a low profile camp chair, or sit on a blanket.
2. COOLERS – Coolers are prohibited because we have a liquor license. No alcohol can be brought into the premises.
3. PARKING – Parking is limited around the venue. You may consider staying parked at your hotel or campsite and walk to the venue. If you do park on the road, make sure that you are not on the highway pavement. The Wayne County Sheriff's Departmentl will be working the area. You may park near private property, but please be sure to not block driveways or access roads.
4. PETS – No pets are allowed at the venue. Please consider taking your dog to “Dog Mode” in SLC if you leave your pet. Dog Mode is a sponsor of the event.
5. WEATHER – The weather reports for our area are not very accurate. It is monsoon season in the desert, and we may have afternoon showers. The showers are often scattered and brief. Since this is the high desert, bring a sweatshirt for the evening or buy a new sweatshirt when you get here.
6. ATM MACHINES – There are ATM machines at the Chuckwagon Market across the street from the venue, the Phillips 66 station and the Far West Bank in Loa.
7. PLACES FOR BREAKFAST - Castle Rock Coffee and Candy, the Sandstone Motel, Chuckwagon Market Deli, The Best Western and The Capitol Reef, all in Torrey. The Sunglow in Bicknell, and the Country CafÈ in Loa also serve breakfast.
8. ALCOHOL CONSUMPTIONS – Please drink responsibly. Alcohol consumption should take place only within the boundaries of the venue grounds. Wayne County Sheriff's Department will be cruising the area.
The Women’s Redrock Music Festival was created to empower and support independent women musicians from around the U.S. and the world, by providing a beautiful venue to bring their music to the public.
The Wayne County Fair is a time that brings families together or a great time for old friends, classmates or others to get together for all kinds of reunions...and most important...all of the Fair Events
Food & Entertainment * Rodeo Queen Competition * Exhibits and Art * Cowboy Poetry * Small Fry Rodeo * *FFA Concert * Wayne County Idol * Vendor Mall * Races & Relays * 3 on 3 Basketball *
* Youth Dance * Pool Games * Parade * Rodeo * Demolition Derby * FIREWORKS! *
There Will Also Be Many More Events ....Come and Enjoy in Some Good Ol' Country Time Fun!
Scroll Down To Find The Information You Are Seeking
For 2012 Fair Schedule
Click On Image Below
For 2012 Small Fry Rodeo Entry
Click On Image Below
Wayne County Fair Chair
County Clerk/Auditor Ryan Torgerson (435)-836-1300
This book tells the story of some of the earliest settlers to Wayne County
Order One Now
Click on image below